IELTS Test Fairness
IELTS is recognised and trusted by individuals and organisations worldwide for its fairness, reliability and high-quality standards
The IELTS test provides a valid and accurate assessment of the four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. It is known for:
- Assessing general language skills and not specialist knowledge, all topics covered are general enough to be answered by anyone with a reasonable command over the English language.
- Focuses on assessing practical communication abilities.
- Serves both academic and non-academic purposes through a choice of two versions of the test.
- Features a one on one, face to face speaking component.
- Recognises all standard varieties of English.
- Trials test questions with people from different cultures to confirm that they are fair.